torsdag, maj 22, 2008

Ghana and Art


Robert Osei Anim is a young artist who creates works that are dazzling, thought provoking, whimsical, dramatic and fun. He works in a variety of media including oils, acrylics, watercolors and mixed media collages.

“As an artist, many times I create what I feel, think and see in the world around me”, explains Anim, a native Ghanaian, born on October the 5th, 1983 in Accra.

“I have always had to explain how I got my fishing style from my grandfather’s collection of books. He is a doctor with a fishing company in Ghana. I used to read his books whenever I was at his house and this inspired my work on this subject.”

As a versatile artist whose abstract works and textural paintings are unique, much of his work is contemporary, cultural and expressive. His art has been sold in Europe, Africa, and Canada and in the United States. “It is often a window into my very soul”.

Anim is a deeply religious, and devoted family man. He works from a studio in his house in Ghana.

Look at his paintings

This week six persons from MKFC Stockholm College are going to Ghana to participate at eLearning Africa and the opening of National Africa Foundations (NAF) in Kumasi.

Inga kommentarer: